RE: SRSG Alignment

Original poster: "Ian McLean" <ianmm-at-optusnet-dot-com.au>

 >  In any case the answer to your question is no,
 > you can't calculate the phase position ahead of time although you
 > may get somewhat close.  I'd just make sure the motor can be
 > rotated in its cradle (if it has one), so you can change the phase
 > easily as needed by trial and error.

Bummer.  Oh well, looks like the good old trial and error approach, made a
little easier to fine tune later with the JF Phase Adj. circuit.

About to start grinding my flats.  I do not have ready access to a vertical
milling machine or a horizontal ramrod shaping machine, either of which
would make this job sooo much easier, so the good old angle grinder is the
go.  Any hints from anyone (Claude ?) on doing a good job of this before I
start ?

Finally ... is there any way of knowing that the modification has worked
without something to measure RPM on the motor ?

Rgs
Ian