Re: TC Question and Discharge Safety - Lightning from Fingers

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

The spider was fine.  The daddy longleg, which you placed on the toroid, is
NOT a spider.  It is an insect.
If the daddy longleg however initiated an arc (which i'm probably guessing
didn't happen), it would be toast.  Otherwise
it would just walk its merrily way around the toroid.

;)

Dan

 > New Years eve, my son and his girlfriend saw a spider on the ground and
 > freaked out (daddy longleg). It amazes me how many people have fear of
 > spiders (oh well). Anyway, I thought I'd see what happened if I placed it
 > on the toroid. Can anyone guess how the spider faired?
 >
 > Bart
 >

 > Tesla list wrote:
 >
 > >Original poster: "Crow Leader" <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>
 > >At 30kw power levels you won't get burned where sparks hit your suit?
There
 > >is no heat in this 30kw circuit?
 > >
 > >KEN

<mike.marcum-at-zoomtown-dot-com>