Re: SRSG Alignment

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Ian,

I never trusted the dead pole concept for small motors but I guess
it may work OK.  I use a proportional method to decide how wide
to make the flats.  In any case the answer to your question is no,
you can't calculate the phase position ahead of time although you
may get somewhat close.  I'd just make sure the motor can be
rotated in its cradle (if it has one), so you can change the phase
easily as needed by trial and error.  You may be able to make
a lever to rotate teh motor remotely using a long insulated pole
to adjust the phase while the coil is running if you don't want to build the
phase shifter circuit.

John