Re: [jlnlabs] TESLA COIL REVISED

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

 > And since the L2/L1 ratio determines output voltage, it would be best
 > to use Litz wire in the primary loop, since decreasing L1 will increase
 > output voltage. I don't know if you guys are using it, but it could
 > clearly reduce the size of the secondary, or about triple the voltage
 > output of a 50-turn Tesla coil.
 >
 > Jaro

I think its more correct to say the C1/C2 ratio determines the maximum
output voltage (gain) of the system as
we are talking about the transfer of energy from the primary circuit to the
secondary circuit.
Even though the L2/L1 ratio is identical for a double resonant system (L1*C1
= L2*C2).
In this system, energy is being transferred from C1 into C2 and gain is
denoted as GAIN = SQRT (C1/C2).
And of course, this equation assumes a lossless, ideal system.  In reality,
there are losses and usually the toroid will
also limited the maximum resonant votlage rise due to premature break-out,
unless of course, an adequately large
toroid is used.

Dan