Re: CD 942 failure tonight

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

Hi John,

I went through your specs and I really don't see any problem there. I also
don't see an issue with rms current values. It sounds like the caps are
overvolting. Definately doublecheck the MMC connections as Terry mentioned.
Assuming the MMC is ok, then what could cause overvolting? Well, how wide
is the total gap of the RSG? It should be set narrow but wide enough so
that electrodes don't crash. You may want to mock up a quick and dirty
static gap to make sure the RSG isn't the problem area.

Take care,
Bart