Re: MMC or Maxwell? Which is better?

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > Original poster: "Crow Leader"
 > <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>
 >
 > Here is my main point.
 >
 > If you are not pushing the limits of the materials
 > used, you don't need to
 > rely on self healing. The capacitor degrades as it
 > "heals". My vacuum pump
 > doesn't have a self unbending shaft, it's thick
 > enough where it will never
 > bend in the first place. I don't use asbestos fire
 > resistant power cords, I
 > size them to never catch on fire in the first place.

Everything we've learned in the last 10 years of the
TCML has shown that TC's do not always exhibit
behavior that is perfectly quantifiable.  That's why
it's fun.  Are we still even talking about tesla
coiling?  I don't think your examples up there even
constitue an analogy.

If you are not pushing the limits of the materials
used, then you are not tesla coiling.

-Brett