Re: MMC or Maxwell? Which is better?

Hi Ken,

I am not going to convince you am I ;-))  But no problem...

In the case of Kreso's coil, it appears he is running full all out resonant
rise on the primary which explains why his caps are dying.  He must have
some very strong transformers!!!  So it appears he just needs super high
voltage caps to solve his problem.  I don't know if he will use Maxwells or
MMCs, but now that we know what is going on, the solution is obvious...

Cheers,

         Terry

At 03:46 PM 2/27/2004, you wrote:
>Here is my main point.
>
>If you are not pushing the limits of the materials used, you don't need to
>rely on self healing. The capacitor degrades as it "heals". My vacuum pump
>doesn't have a self unbending shaft, it's thick enough where it will never
>bend in the first place. I don't use asbestos fire resistant power cords, I
>size them to never catch on fire in the first place.

snip...