From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 7:00 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: MMC or Maxwell? Which is better?
 >>>Snip<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Cheers,

          Terry

*Of course, one answer may be to directly short the thing at 20kV.  But
the
inherent inductance and ESR of the MMC will serve to protect
it.  Commercial caps are good to about 5 full dead shorts...  But the
current in those shorts IS "cool"!!!  If you need those stunning
currents,
you need commercial caps...  Coilers don't...