Re: MMC or Maxwell? Which is better?

At 11:30 AM 2/26/2004, you wrote:
>I blew a maxwell and il buy it again! The MMC will work good if you spend
>few thousand bucks! Overrating mmc-is bS!

Hi Kreso,

What kind of coil do you have?  What capacitance and voltage rating
capacitor do you really need?

I know your were interested in getting Geek group caps at first.  I think
you want to run your coil for like an hour a day.  If you give us more
information, we can help you get a cap that will not fail.

I know you want the Maxwell caps, but your first Maxwell cap should not
have failed really...  Be sure you don't have a spark gap directly across
them.  That will certainly kill them!!  I think you should get at least one
cheap MMC cap just to have around to use when all the other caps are not
working.

Maybe we could send you an MMC that you could "try" to break ;-))

Cheers,

         Terry