Re: Paschen paper online

Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 2/25/04 7:47:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Oh, the translation contains some funny parts too. For example, Kugel
means globe or sphere, spherical electrode, and not ball. One noteworthy
sentence was: "I give the following composition of measurements of
different observers with a radius of the balls of 1cm." Yuck!! ;-))

FWIW, in my old neighborhood a "kugel" was a bullet, a hemispherical
confection, similar to the French bombe, or a pudding made with raisins and
cinnamon and cooked noodles. or matzo meal.
Matt D.