Re: MMC or Maxwell? Which is better?

IMHO, I would not consider using a commercial cap at all.  There are many
stories of expensive commercial cap failures.  The Geek groups caps never
seem to fail.

The charts the Geek group uses assumes 200% voltage margin, 150% RMS and
Peak current margin, 100% voltage reversal, etc...   The quality of the
Geek caps is untouchable buy the basically hand made commercial caps.  MMC
also contain no oil.

If one were going to pay say $500 for a commercial cap, ask them if it is
rated for Tesla coil use.  When they say no, believe them...

Cheers,

         Terry