Re: Arctronics capacitors

Original poster: Mark Broker <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

How is a Maxwell better than a CDE?  When a Maxwell fails, you still have a
door stop.  Had you been using an MMC - using GE, CDE, Wima, Panasonic, etc
- you'd e able to remove the bad cap(s) and replace with good one(s) to the
tune of $3.00ea (or whatever your non-"Geek caps" are priced at).  And an
MMC cap exploding is not nearly as messy as nearly any commercial pulse cap
exploding (oil and all that delicious stuff).

I've been wondering for years whether modern commercial pulse caps utilize
self-healing construction, so I guess this finally answers my question. :)

Regards,

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:40:29 -0700, Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:

>Original poster: Kreso Bukvic <kreso.bukvic-at-kc.htnet.hr>

<snip>