Primary tank cables

Original poster: "Ian McLean" <ianmm-at-optusnet-dot-com.au>

Hi Coilers,

I have just replaced my inadequate cabling on my primary tank circuit for
something a little more suitable.  It is not ideal because it is not
insulated for high voltage, but much better than it was.

I am now using 50mm^2 double insulated 600V power cable.  Thick orange stuff
close to an inch thick with the insulation, and quite heavy too.  I have
been led to believe this cable is used for welding cable.  There are a *lot*
of strands of reasonably fine copper in the cable, so much better current
carrying capability than I had.

It has improved my output quite substantially.  However my question is, how
does this affect tuning?  I don't believe I am correctly tuned anymore.  I
am wondering wether getting better power transfer would cause the  need to
move in or move out the primary tap point, i.e. does better power transfer
increase or decrease the resonant frequency of the pirmary circuit ?  I have
heard it can and does sometimes make a difference.

Rgs
Ian