Re: term understanding: voltage reversal.

Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 2/19/04 10:14:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

 >This is why 35 kV Maxwell caps that are continually offered on eBay have
 >been observed to prematurely fail when used in 15 kV RMS systems:
 >http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2595652751

Thats not so good nows. I use these caps with my 6MOT supply for
aproximately 30 Minutes in intermitted short runs with no problems. Of
course this is 12 and not 15KV but that will probably not change much.

Since your only running 12KV rms and 3 x 12= 36, your 35 KV rated cap is
close enough that your probably going to be OK with it.

Matt D.