Re: Do these numbers look right?

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

Hi JC,

The 8 ga wire might be a little troublesome to make nice and neat. It's
real easy to use copper tubing as it comes in a nice neat pre-rolled
condition. All that is needed is a little gentleness when forming the
pre-roll into the primary coil. With solid wire, such as you might buy at a
hardware store, it will probably have some deformed areas (depending on the
guy/gal at the hardware store on their winding jig). But, you could
probably reform it easily if needed (not so easy with tubing should it
become deformed).

BTW, with tubing, I start from the inner turn and form the coil outward,
clamping the wire at it's position on each runner as I work my way around.
Everyone has their own method which I guess matches their talents and
cosmetic concerns.

Take care,
Bart