Discrete Mosfets/IGBTs mounting techniques ...

Original poster: "Rajesh Seenivasan" <rajeshkvs-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello experts,

I have few discrete power mosfets (TO-247 package) with me. I am planning
to design high power inverter for tesla coils.
Some mosfets are capable of handling up to 40 Amps. But the problem is how
do I mount those power mosfets in a PCB ?
Because, even though the mosfets can handle 40 Amps or even higher, the PCB
tracks cannot handle that much current ?
Should I have tracks which are several inches wide ?
Are there any other mounting techniques for Power mosfets (other than PCB
mounting) ?
Thanks in advance.