Materials compatibility with oil

Original poster: "S & J Young" <youngs-at-konnections-dot-net>

Question for the materials experts on the list,

I am about to make a six-pack MOT "fake pole pig", with two MOTs each
immersed in oil in three ammo cans.  Are there any insulating materials I
should avoid because they are softened or dissolved by oil?  I am thinking
of mounting the MOTs on HDPE (cutting boards) with nylon screws, and will
use hookup wire in vinal tubing going to some small PVC pipe cap pairs for
HV feed-through connectors.  As long as I don't let the MOT assemblies get
very hot, will there be any non-detergent oil vs materials compatibility
problems?

Thanks,
Steve Y.