RE: Static Gap question.

Original poster: "Luke" <Bluu-at-cox-dot-net>

Thanx for the input.
You say do not get too hung up on the small increments of adjustment for
a static gap.  Obviously there has to be some point to consider
starting.  For instance if a the approx gap desired is .3" then I could
just make it 3 gaps in series at 0.1" each.  That would be large
increments compared to what seems to be the norm.

So in your opinion at what would be a good increment to consider using?
Before I get the "depends on power rating etc." lets set up an example.

Say for a coil using a 15KV 60ma NST and a cap of say .02 mfd.
Yes I know that is not the LTR size, just picked a number and threw it
out there so we had a starting point for the example.

I am playing with design ideas and an opinion from someone with more
experience will help at least point me in a direction for an increamet
amount.

Thanx.

Luke Galyan
Bluu-at-cox-dot-net