From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 4:29 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Input voltage minimum

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

  > Original poster: "Luke" <Bluu-at-cox-dot-net>
  >
  > Can anyone tell me what would be considered near the minimum voltage
that
  > would be feasible to use for the supply transformer?
  > I have heard of people using 9KV  Any one ever use a 6KV or even a
4KV?

  > This is all in regards to a classic design (disruptive I think is the
  > term?).  not solid state or magnifiers etc.
  >
  > Thanx
  >
  > Luke Galyan
  > Bluu-at-cox-dot-net

	I have a spark diathermy unit which runs at about 3500 volts and
seems
to put out nicely.  I suspect you can make suitable gaps to work at
reasonable power at a voltage that low.  Several of us have built small
"table top" TC's running at lower voltage (mine runs at about 2800).

Ed