Re: where do people look for HV jobs?

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Jim Lux <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>
 >
 > I don't know if this fits in the purview of the Tesla mailing list, but if
 > it does...
 >
 > A question came up at work (JPL) about optimum places to advertise for
 > people to fill HV design jobs. So, those of you tesla'ing for pay (or
 > HV'ing for pay), where did you look for ads? How did you find your job? How
 > would one go about seeking a job working with HV?
 >
 > And, of course, if anyone wants a job doing HV design (particularly with
 > switching converters) for space flight (but, sadly, we're not interested in
 > deliberately making sparks), contact me off-list. You might be able to
 > build that next SSTC driver for a somewhat different environment.

	I'd suspect that there are guys floating around the Southern California
area who used to build HV power supplies and modulators for TWT's and
radar systems and probably have a lot of useful knowledge.  The ones I
know are happily retired and don't even want to consult, but there must
be others.

Ed