Re: Safety Gap =

I'm glad you have not had any failures.  I wonder if one realizes that
resonate rise could take the voltage above 40KV.  A spice simulation of a
12KV NST (with winding resistance in the model) at mains resonance (using a
6.2nf cap and no voltage limiting) could grow to above 100KV.  Now I'm sure
that other effects like core lose would keep the rise below this high level
and certainly the NST would smoke well before this.

Gerry R