Re: Transformer OK for a Coil? (mot coil)

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Bob,

 > Original poster: Bob81818-at-aol-dot-com
 >
 > Would anyone mind telling me some insight on how
 > hard it would be to use a
 > single MOT for a coil?

Well, I have two nice 4000 volt MOTs, which I can
assure you are available if you can find the larger
high wattage ovens.  Use a simple level shifter
(doubler) with one of those to get around ~8000 Volts.
  Then you could go real simple with the gap too...an
air blast using high psi set real close would do the
trick.  For proof of concept, Greg Hunter actually
fired a coil using two small MOT's in series for
around 4KV so it could actually be done without the
level shifter.  But in the end I would say it's
probably more of a headache to try to do it without
one than with.  Greg has a page on
www.hot-streamer-dot-com.

-Brett  KI4DBK/AG
http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/brett