Re: Primary connection

Original poster: Dave Leddon <dave-at-leddon-dot-com>

At 11:19 AM 2/7/04 -0700, you wrote:
>Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>
>
>At 07:05 PM 06/02/04 -0700, you wrote:
> >Original poster: "Luke" <Bluu-at-cox-dot-net>
> >
> >I was wondering if I could hear the various ways that everyone has
> >connected their primary coil to the rest of the system.
> >I have an alligator clip in mind when I think of this.
> >
><SNIP>
>
>Hi Luke,

Alligator and fuse holder clips are fine for NST powered coils but when
moving up in power, something more substantial is needed.  Here's an easily
constructed clamp made from rectangular brass bar using common hand
tools.  Just clamp the two pieces of brass together in a vise and drill a
hole the same diameter as your copper tubing between the meeting
faces.  Drill and tap the holes for the bolts and then round off all of the
edges with a disk sander or file.
http://nick_tesla.home-dot-comcast-dot-net/ClampExploded.jpg
http://nick_tesla.home-dot-comcast-dot-net/ClampAssembled.jpg
http://nick_tesla.home-dot-comcast-dot-net/ClampInPlace.jpg
I like to attach from beneath the primary because it keeps the cable short
and out of the way.

Dave
Pleasanton Ca.