Re: Pig sales on Ebay

Original poster: Dave Leddon <leddon1-at-llnl.gov>

At 07:19 AM 2/4/2004, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Richard W." <potluckutk-at-comcast-dot-net>
>Hi list,
>
>It's been said that T&R electronics isn't selling pigs anymore. But a
>listing at Ebay has been selling them all along which looks very much like
>the item/description I got mine from and came from T&R. The current Item
>is  "Tesla Coil Pole Transformer 14.4kv 5kva Neon" 2592574350. These have
>been for sale for quite some time now and to my knowledge this listing has
>never been removed from Ebay. Been over a year since I got mine.
>
>Is there a detail I'm missing or aren't these from T&R? <shrugs>

I think that is the case.  Right after T&R stopped selling to anybody who
wasn't a bona fide utility, this individual (I believe his last name is
Miller) disappeared from EBay for a short while.  When he reappeared he'd
jacked up his starting price on 5 KVA pigs from $200 to $275 and added the
caveat that free shipping only applied to only certain areas of the
country.  Has anybody on the list purchased a transformer from this guy
since he made the transition?  In the past it was obvious that the
transformers came from T&R since it was their truck and driver that made
the delivery.

>Rick W.
>Salt Lake City

Dave