RE: A Question of Earth

Original poster: Thomas <tom-at-pwrcom-dot-com.au>

In addition to what Peter (Tesla Downunder) wrote:

Bond the reinforcing mesh in the concrete slab to your earth as well (may
improve your RF earth).

Your can get additives for concrete to make it more conductive. Poured in a
pit around your RF earth stakes this will help if you have very dry soil.
Probably overkill unless you are running 10s of VA.

Tom L.

Original poster: Matthew Smith <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi All

Finally, after much waiting, construction is about to start on my 6m x
9m x
3m (roughly 20' x 30' x 10') steel shed.  Further joy is that the new
house
has a dedicated office where I can get all my test equipment out at the
same time...

At last, space to build and operate a coil!

I am, of course, making provision for a dedicated RF ground in the shed.
My
question is:  should I bond the various sections of metalwork and ground

them? If so, should I use the RF ground or a separate one, say on the
other
side?

(None of the earths will be that good; this is the driest state of the
driest continent - think I might have to put drip irrigation on them!)

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy