mmc query

Original poster: "philip barnes" <luck_phil87-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi,

I just recieved my geek group mmc caps (woohoo). I'm using 1 string of 9
100 nF caps for my 50 hz, 12/30 coil. But i just read somewhere that u need
12 or more turns used on your primary when tuned to limit the peak current
through a single string mmc. With my home made cap, which WAS 4.2nF (it
selfdistructed!) the coil was tuned with 7 turns on the primary. Now with a
LTR mmc of about 11 nF, the tuning point will be less turns right? My
secondary is only 1.7 " in dia so the coils freq is high. Will i have
problems with my mmc?

Phil