RE: The equation used to calculate the resonant frequency of a secondary coil

Original poster: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

Note that spaced winding has negligible effect on the inductance or
capacitance of the TC calculations. The spaced winding is the same as more
insulation. All you need are the TPI or

     TPI = Secondary turns/Inches of winding length.

To find the resonant frequency fast and no calc errors use the JHCTES Ver
3.42 program. For secondary inputs enter only the secondary radius, turns,
and TPI. Click "Calculate" at left bottom of page and you will get coil
inductance, coil self capacitance, resonant frequency, and some other useful
parameters.

Click on    www.mgte-dot-com

Click Tesla, then JHCTES (Books). At bottom of book page click on JHCTES Ver
3.42 computer program.

If you want a fabulous TC secret revealed to you about how to find the
secondary coil "inductance" by measuring only the "resistance" of the
winding send me a direct post. This secret is not available thru any other
web site or in any published text. Even Tesla never mentioned this
possibility in his writings.

John Couture