Re: Safe parameters for stupid human Tesla coil stunts

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi All,

I tried something like that with one of my older coils, only that I was
touching the grounded point of my "gator stick" so that the point was
presented first.  When I started seeing corona on the tip I stopped, as I
could feel every time the spark gap broke and the varying power of each
bang, and it felt like being ungrounded and touching a hot AC line.  The
fact that it felt like 60 Hz should send up warning flags.

David E Weiss