Re: Archives, was Re: Wild West Tech on the History channel!

Hi Chip,

I have,

From June 19,1999 to Dec 31, 1999  I count 4038
2000   14400 posts
2001    14933
2002    17048
2003    11298
2004    11538

A lot are here:

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Misc/7-12OF99.ZIP
http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Misc/1-6OF00.ZIP
http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Misc/7-12of00.zip
http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Misc/1-6of01.zip
http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Misc/7-12of01.zip

These are just text pulls of all the posts... I stopped the zips in 2002 but they are easy to create. The master posts are stored in about 250M of *.mbx files. I don't know how universal those file types are or if they could be easily read or parsed.

But I think I have every post from mid 99 to today's ;-))

But the original "arcs" post IS here:

http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/2000/February/msg00053.html

This was actually the first one, but they get referred to again about every six months so I don't think any of those are lost. Also, the google search will miss posts if they are not judged as "popular" buy the google software. But it is getting pretty good now that the google search has has time to learn the database.

Let me know if you want an I will send you a few CDs ;-))

Cheers,

        Terry