RSG unbalance

Original poster: Rob Maas <robm@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi All,

I am in the process of building an RSG. The disk spins at
2950 rpm (the motor is asynchronous, mains frequency is 50 Hz).
The first trial run indicates a slight unbalance. It is
probably OK, but if possible I like to improve the balance of
the disk. Is there a systematic method to do this 'on line',
i.e. with the disk mounted on the motor shaft?

In a garage they use equipment to balance wheels: after a short
spin the apparatus spits out what balance weight should be
placed where on the rim to balance the wheel: anybody knows what
the principle of operation is here?

thanks in advance,   Rob