RE: Aluminum tape problems?

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau@xxxxxx>

Sure, feel free to copy the drawing on my web site.  They are in the
business of building one-of parts and I'm sure they'd be happy to quote
you a smaller part.

The only thing I'd do differently today is use the conductive copper
tape that Terry mentioned to join the tape segments along the inner
equator.  Make sure you put a handle on both sides of the disk (I did
but it's not in the photos) so you don't drop it!

One last thing I'd like to mention on the topic of toroid building:  I
was recently at a kid's birthday party held at a Gymboree - an indoor
playground for pre-school kids.  I noticed this inflatable inner
tube-like thing, roughly 7" x 30", but it was made of very thick vinyl,
and was quite stiff.  There was a seam just below the outer equator that
would need some smoothing, not sure how.  The only markings on it were
"Webber Eng", and I was unable to find any meaningful references on
Google.  FWIW...

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA