Re: HV puncture of schedule 40 PVC

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

The rapidly alternating fields (electrostatic & electromagnetic) places increased strain on a dielectric than a DC current. That's one reason why HV caps that have to withstand AC currents requires additional design work. At RF frequencies commonly used in Tesla coils the stress is even greater.

Creepage factors also increase substantially with AC and RF currents over DC
currents.

Dr. Resonance