Homemade mini flyback burnout in oil, question. Slightly OT

Original poster: "mercurus2000" <mercurus2000@xxxxxxx>

Hello, I was working with a very small flyback I designed, really just a small high voltage transformer I rewound the primary on, the secondary is segmented but the whole setup is really tiny, I immersed the transformer in very hot mineral oil for several hours then ran it in self resonant mode, it was doing fine, tinkered around a found point where it was really resonating well, then bubbles came from the transformer and it was dead, looks like there was some air still in between the windings, the wire itself didn't burn out tho and there appears to be no change in it's resistance, I w as wondering if I let it sit in hot oil for several days, would the oil seep down and eventually repair the secondary again? I think it would but I am wondering what you guys think.
Thanks,
Adam