RE: The 1500t secondary myth (long)

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau@xxxxxx>

It sounds like you used the same cap with both gaps.  I can't say how
your bang voltage differed between the static and SRSG gaps, but if it's
similar, I would not expect to see a difference in performance between
the two.  It's only because I was able to use a larger Cp with the SRSG
that the bang size (.5*C*V**2), and hence performance increased.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

> Original poster: Esondrmn@xxxxxxx
>
> Gary,
>
> On my 3.0" coil, using a 15/60 transformer, changing from my old
> multi-segment static gap over to the new sync rotary did not increase
> performance. It was exactly the same. I still have on my things to
do
> list to try a larger primary tank capacitor.
>
> I did try this sync rotary gap on the 4/20 mini coil contest project
but
> the gaps are too wide and it would not fire.
>
> Ed Sonderman
>
> In a message dated 12/6/04 10:43:38 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> >Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau@xxxxxx>
> >
> >For my 15/60 coil, the sync RSG configuration beats all static gaps
I've
> >tried hands-down. Although it's tempting to focus on other things,
one
> >has to remember that streamer length is a function of bang size. So
for
> >the same available power, a low BPS SRSG will out-perform a higher
BPS