Re: Fun with Argon

Original poster: Gary Franklin <Franklin.Gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Matt,

What an impressive list of references. But I base my opinion on my
personal experience. I have an ozone air purifier in my residence that
produces enough ozone to destroy a rubber band in a couple of days. I
have been operating that machine continuously since 1997. Molds and odor
don't last long in than environment. I have breathed ozone, drank water
saturated with ozone, and injected it intravenously without harmful
effects. So, you can probably tell that I don't have a lot of respect
for experts' opinion.

It seems that the problem is ozone that is generated with sparks. All
the ozone I make with three different machine use high voltage cold
corona discharge which means no sparks to generate the nitrogen oxides.
Tesla got a patent for this method.

Here is an article (c) 1986, written be another chemist who tried to
kill a mouse with ozone and failed.
http://www.oxygenmedicine.com/ozonetoxicity.html

But the real question: Has anyone noticed any unusual effects from
working with the inert gases?

GF