Re: Tiny DRSSTC completed

Hi Steve,

So far ive blown a few things.  First to go were some gate drivers,
not sure what i  did wrong but they werent happy and got really hot
(this was during the prototype stage).  The spec sheet says they arent
supposed to latch up, but i think that is exactly what happens, and it
seems to be a rare event that i cant explain.

Were you running them open load? One on Dan's DRSSTC-2 board I have shorted and got real hot too for no other reason than there was nothing hooked to the output. I was just powering up the board for the first time and scoping it's functions out and after about a minute or two the driver chip failed.

They really may not like open load at all when one thinks about it...

Cheers,

        Terry