Re: LTR cap BPS?

Original poster: "Gerry Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Gary,

JavaTC's static BPS prediction is based on many computer simulations of
different NSTs and different gap settings.  From this data,  PF vs. Cp/Cres
curves were determined (PF for this purpose was defined as power processed
thru the spark gap divided by the VA rating of the NST) one for each of
three gap settings (Vg = Vpk, Vg = 1.5*Vpk, and Vg = 0.5*Vpk).  The results
were fairly invarient on the NST name plate ratings being simulated.  From
the gap setting and Cp/Cres operating point, the PF could be determined.
>From the PF, VA rating, and the bang energy (given VG and Cp), the BPS can
be reasonably predicted.

Gerry R.