Re: Measuring MMCs

Hi Steve,

Some capacitance meters will indeed be thrown off by the bleeder
resistors.  The small DC current is enough to cause a reading change.  This
will very greatly from meter to meter.  The more sensitive the meter, the
more it will be affected.  Some of the nice ones that do dissipation factor
should be able to read both the capacitance and the DC resistance well.

Good idea you have about using a series cap!

Cheers,

         Terry