Re: Cu Spheres,PSSTC Components & Anti-Oxid.

Hi John,

At 08:30 PM 8/6/2004, you wrote:
>To All:

>I just blew 1 maybe 2 Franceformers (15kV, 60mA) and have given up on the
>bypass caps and am outfitting each with its own Terry Filter (yeah, yeah,
>I'm a dummy).  The design I have calls for 12 0.0033uF, 1600v ECW-H series
>Panasonic caps.  I have ECW-H12H222P1, the same pulse discharge,
>metallized, polypropylene, self-healing caps but these are 0.0022uF at
>2000Vdc.  8 of these in series gives you the exact same capacitance, i.e.,
>0.000275uF but at 16,000Vdc, a bit lower than the 22,500Vdc of the other
>but it doesn't matter, just keep the input voltage to 15kV or less.
>Price?

The other caps are perfectly fine.  There is nothing critical there...

I would also put a 15 amp fuse (maybe 20...;-))) at the 15/60
transformer...  There is on odd saturating mode that might hurt the tranny
that the fuse will protect against.  With the filter and fuse, blowing the
tranny should be darn near impossible!!

Cheers

         Terry