Re: New Maxwell on ebay

Original poster: "BunnyKiller" <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

did a web check on maxwell caps   didnt find too much but did find a page
to General Atomics  and they have a list of caps ( suppose they are a
continuance of maxwell)  with specs on the caps in question...   also
rechecked my coil and found that I had switched out 2 of the 31160's for
2   31231 caps  ( 50KV -at- .144uF)  that brings my total cap system to
200KV -at- .0427uF   I also have sitting on the shelf a  31173 cap  ( 50KV -at-
.10uF)   neither of the 31231 or the 31173 are listed at General Atomics
site... but the 31160 is posted...
what I am now wondering about is that the caps I have and compared to GA's
numbers, mine should have bit the dust a LONG time ago...  GA
quotes   1X10^5 pulses   thats only 100,000  pulses.   So how do my caps
last for almost 5 years with about 100+ hours running time on them in
T-Coil operation and not blow up?       What do they consider a pulse?
a voltage reversal??  I always thought that the primary system saw a
complete voltage reversal at 60 times per second   ;)

so if their numbers hold true   thats about a 30 minute life time  ;)

things that make you go hmmmm...

Scot D