RE: 1600 watts magnetizing current?

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >descretely sample the waveforms and compute the
 >instantaneous power for each descrete point over a cycle.  The
instantaneous
 >power can then be averaged.  Likewise, the sampled waveforms can be used to
 >compute the RMS current and RMS voltage.

Absolutely, in fact, that's how my power analysis software worked ;) I was
too lazy to do the full fourier thing, so I did what you described sampling
at ~11000 samples per second.

The only problem with this approach is that it doesn't give separate
harmonic and displacement PFs, or tell you whether the displacement PF is
leading or lagging.

Steve C.