Re: 1600 watts magnetizing current/AC waveform distortion

Original poster: "Scott Hanson" <huil888-at-surfside-dot-net>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 4:04 PM
Subject: Re: 1600 watts magnetizing current?

Eric -

How do you know you have "baad" waveform distortion?

I'm assuming that you used an oscilloscope to actually view your AC line
waveform ....

Can you describe what the waveform distortion looked like?

Regards,
Scott Hanson

  Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

I know how power factor works ........ (snip)

  How do you work out power factor when your voltage and current are non
sinuosidal (we have baad waveform distortion
  here)?

Eric