Re: Secondary wire size

Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 4/25/04 11:52:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>I am designing a 12x40 inch secondary and I am trying to select the optimum
>wire size for optimum output.  Does anyone have a formula to calculate
>resonant rise in the secondary using wire size?
>
>Stephen A. Mathieson

Stehpen,

For a 12" diameter secondary, I would go with a winding length of 54".  For
about 1200 turns, you would need a wire diameter of about .045" which is
close to heavy build # 18.

Ed Sonderman