Re: Homemade PCBs!

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"Ed Phillips writes:

 >     Thanks.  All looks great except for the "Gerber files"!!!  Is there any
 >freeware to generate those?  [I'm afraid not!]

Eagle's <http://www.cadsoft.de> CAM processor can output Gerber - at
least
it says it can; I couldn't recognise a Gerber file from a bunch of weird
numbers ;-)

The "free for non-commercial use" version of Eagle has restrictions on
number of layers (two sides is plenty enough for me!) and physical board
size.  This has actually encouraged me to take a more modular approach
in
circuit design.

Cheers

M"

	Thanks, I'll take a look at it.  My usual practice is to put pins in
perf boards and run wires between them.  Probably easier for one simple
board but just as much work to make another like it, so the PCB
approach   would have lots of advantages.

Ed