Re: phasing GDTs with MOSFETS

Original poster: Jan Wagner <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, Tesla list wrote:
 > Original poster: Fucian-at-aol-dot-com
 > Hey all,
 > I was wondering how to phase my GDTs with my mosfets for my full bridge
 > sstc...
 > I have 2 GDTs...How should i go about doing this?

The phasings of the two secondaries of a single GDT is the same as for a
half-bridge.

For the full-bridge: 1 GDT to the left half of the bridge (left upper,
left lower). The other GDT flipped around - swap the primary leads -
connected to right half of the bridge (right uppper, right lower), done.

If you measure with a dual channel oscilloscope on the lower left and
right mosfet gates (gate->source voltages, naturally) then if all is
correct they should be 180deg out of phase i.e. inverted wrt each other.
If not, just swap the other GDT's primary lead around again.

cheers,
  - Jan

--
  Helsinki University of Technology
  Dept. of Electrical and Communications Engineering