Presenting the DWSSTC

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

Dear list

I proudly present the SSTC that I kludged up from spare parts (plus a pile
of MOSFETs and gate driver chips I bought for the project) It uses a full
bridge of IRFP460s driven by a phase locked loop driver circuit of my own
design.

Here's the schematic
http://www.scopeboy-dot-com/tesla/dwsstc/dwsstciischem.gif

This webpage gives details, scope waveforms, and some pictures and movie
clips.
http://www.scopeboy-dot-com/tesla/dwsstc/

The PLL seems to work great and I have got some nice arcs plus the
obligatory audio modulation by feeding audio into the VCO control voltage
::)

And there have been no MOSFET deaths even though I'm using no
isolation/bypass diodes. I believe the PLL circuit makes them unnecessary.

Steve C.