Re: Transzorbs in IGBT circuits

Original poster: jimmy hynes <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hey,

The transzorbs don't have to be bidirectional. Unidirectional ones will
work because the
anti-parralell diode keeps the voltage from C-E from ever being more than a
few volts negative.

I would also use transzorbs on the gate. Those do have to be bidirectional
if you are using a gate
drive transformer.

I think that all transzorbs are fast enough, but I could be wrong.
 > Original poster: Mr Gregory Peters <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>
 >
 > Hello all,
 >
 > Currently constructing and collecting parts for a DRSSTC using "warp" speed
 > 900v IGBTS, and will have ca. 600v input from rectified 415v two phase
 > (240v per phase).
 >
 > Looking for some guidelines on what kind of transzorbs I should use. I
 > assume I want the bidirectional devices right? And maybe about 750-800v
 > rating? Do these things come in different speeds? What speed should I use?
 > Any advice on wattage ratings would also be most useful.
 >
 > Cheers,
 >
 > Greg Peters
 > Department of Earth Sciences,
 > University of Queensland, Australia