Re: Schottky diodes in SSTCs

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

Greg (& all)-

Greetings to down-under.

I shouldn't think you'd have to use Shottkys with the IRG4PF50WD; from
the spec's, it appears to be fast enough at 100 KHz.  But with MOSFETs
you definitely need them; the intrinsic diodes are too slow.
Unless...does someone know of good fast-intrinsic-diode MOSFETs?

Let me comment in passing that I've become burned out--not to make a pun
of it--on SSTCs.  Perhaps it's my age (or capability).  Currently, I (&
also Dave Leddon) am pursuing a scheme for sequentially charging a
series-ed set of low-voltage capacitor-groups using a commutator & then
discharging them via a spark gap into the primary circuit.  No h.v.
transformer involved.

Ken Herrick
CA USA