Re: The search for "old style" flybacks...

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Fucian-at-aol-dot-com
 >
 > In a message dated 4/21/2004 1:28:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
 > tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
 > Around this part of Southern California getting rid of the bones after
 > you've picked off the meat is much harder than scrounging the stuff in
 > the first place.  All is considered "hazardous waste"  [eco-insanity but
 > that's another matter] and you can't just throw it in the trash can!
 > Easier to buy the parts from someone who has solved that problem, and
 > probably just as cheap if you place any value on your time.
 >
 >    Of course, that way you lose the thrill of treasure hunting.  I really
 > like going through junk yards but have to resist the temptation to bring
 > stuff home.
 >
 > Ed
 >
 > Why not bring tools with you?Just gut it right where it is like poachers do
 > to deer!
 >
 > Matt

	Been there and done that.  There are plenty of auto junk yards where
you strip out stuff yourself, bring it inside and bargain with the
owner.  Several years ago I got several Cadillac distributor caps with
GMHEI coils in them for a buck each.  However, the price was only $5.00
pulled out and sitting on the rack so not much of a bargain.

Ed