Re: Flyback Driver PCBs 2 free flybacks left

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

On 20 Apr 2004, at 17:06, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Eastern Voltage Research Corporation"
 > <dhmccauley-at-easternvoltageresearch-dot-com>
 >

 > What *are* you talking about.  You can get "old style" type flybacks
 > from a variety of sources.  They are NOT hard to find.  Dr. Resonance
 > sells them and has plenty in stock.  They frequently show up on ebay
 > and there are a couple of surplus houses that carry various models
 > from time to time as well. I don't think it is proper to mislead
 > people by saying these are hard to find when in fact they are not.
 > You are stating facts which are not true in the attempt to sell more
 > of your boards by leading people to believe you are offering them a
 > flyback transformer which is "hard" to find.
 >
 > Dan

Or you can wind your own. All you need to start with is a C-C core
made of some power switching type material like Philips 3C8 or for
line-type frequencies, 3C6x like the older ones b&w TVs used. I've
wound a number to my own recipes.

Malcolm